My top 5 favourite historical characters.

      Once again, I'm pretty sure the title is self explanatory. Sorry for not posting last week by the way.

Honorable Mentions: Kirsten Larson and Felicity Merriman

     Originally I was going to put Kirsten and Felicity in first and second place but when I really got thinking about what I liked about them I realized that it was nothing more than nostalgia. Changes for Kirsten and Meet Felicity were the first AG books I ever read (I never read AG books in order) and so I have a strong attachment towards them.

#5: Addy Walker

     For a lot of people slavery just feels like something that happened in the past, but Addy's stories bring all of those horrors back to life and also do an amazing job of discussing how despite the fact that slavery is abolished the effects and racism of it are still persistent.

#4: Caroline Abbott

     Caroline's stories and collection are really underrated, it's unfortunate she was only available for a few years. The war of 1812 is a little bit of a lesser known time in American history so it was really interesting to read about since I knew nothing about it, and Caroline's collection is honestly one of the most beautiful AG collections in my opinion.

#3: Marie-Grace Gardner and Cecile Rey

     The concept of having two equally important characters sharing a book series was so unique for AG, and it really makes for an interesting series that every AG fan should read. The setting was also unique as well as the way it impacted the characters. Sadly we lost these two along with the death of the best friends line.

#2: Kaya

     Kaya is an incredibly important doll who had a lot of research put into her design that definitely payed off. At this point I feel like I'm just repeating myself, but her books are really good and I definitely recommend them.

#1: Kit Kittredge 

     Another one of the first AG books I read when I was younger, I actually attempted to make a live action Kit movie once. I also always thought it was interesting to read about how Kit and her mother managed to get by without much money, and I love 1930s fashion so Kit and Ruthie's whole collection is very up my alley.

~~Lilly


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which doll should I get?

Backyard photo shoot!

School...